This year's platinum dinner, which took place on 27 September 2018, was dedicated to Axel Schultze, CEO, Society3 Global Innovations Group. Together with other entrepreneurs, investors and start-ups he founded the World Innovations Forum in 2017.
To name a few highlights, he founded the following companies:
- Founder and CEO of Silicon Valley based venture backed BlueRoads, exit 2006
- Founder and CEO of European based Infinigate 4 rounds crowd funded - today 1/4B$ in revenue
- Founder and CEO of European based, venture backed Computer 2,000, IPO in 1997 a@ $5B in revenue
The event was very interactive and the participants had many questions focusing on current topics such as innovation, start-ups, business strategy and going global.
The most important take-aways of this amazing event were:
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups should try to figure out what their dream job is because start-ups with a little passion, interest and an idea will not survive. "It takes obsession to make a difference"!
- "Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." (Confucius)
- Startups need to work more together and exchange information. That's why they have to be open and to collaborate.
- You have to make mistakes to learn - fail and fail fast.
- The main problems for startups in Switzerland are: they grow slowly and speed is more important than perfection; the way of thinking is missing and people are risk-averse; the cluster is not enough.
This event was again a great success and we would like to encourage you to register for the Platinum Membership Program.
We look forward to meeting you at next year's Platinum Dinner!
In order to become a member of the alumni network, the Simonites propose various options. The highest value version is the "Platinum Membership" with an annual fee of CHF 500. This special membership gives you the opportunity to participate in the annual Platinum Dinner. In a very pleasant atmosphere, this special event will be accompanied by a speech by a high-ranking politician or economist and an exquisite dinner. Check it out.